Product Madness Inc. develops and publishes social games for the web and mobile devices. “PM,” or “we” or “our” or “us” refers to Product Madness Inc., and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and/or its parent company (collectively, “PM” or “Product Madness”).
Information we collect and how we use it.
You may access the Services anonymously, but if you choose to use the Services we require that you identify yourself. We automatically collect some information when you access the Service and collect other information when you voluntarily submit it to us. If you elect not to provide certain information, you may be precluded from participating in some of the Services.
Information you provide.
There is no cost to access the Services. However, we may collect information from you when you access the Service including, for example:
- registration information (you name, email or postal address, telephone number, user name and password),
- contact information if you contact us with an inquiry, provide feedback, or sign up for updates from us (email or postal address, telephone number),
- purchase transaction information if you make a purchase (we use a third party service provider for these transactions so while we receive information about the transaction we do not receive your billing or payment information),
- social network site user information if you access the Service through a social network (your social network site user identification number or other third party user identification number which may be linked to information that is publicly available, information that is visible on your social network page if you have allowed this through the privacy settings on your social network account),
- loyalty program information if you enroll in our loyalty program (name, email or postal address, telephone number, information about your use of the Service and any purchases you have made or rewards you have received),
- information you provide in response to contests, surveys or other marketing outreach (name, email or postal address, telephone number, eligibility information for contests which may include age, images or photographs, hobbies or interests, occupation), and
- information that you may post on the Services through in-game play, comments, reviews or other posts (you control the information that you provide in this way and may include actions you perform with other players; all such information can be viewed by the general public so please take that into consideration when you post).
Sometimes we collect information about you from other sources, for example, when someone provides your email address to us to invite you to join the Service.
Automatically collected information.
We may automatically collect information from you when you access the Services. This information is collected by placing certain data files of your computer or mobile device. These data files may be cookies, or other local storage technologies (collectively, “Cookies”).
PM collects aggregate information about your use of the Service, including, without limitation, information about your access of the PM Site or playing PM Games via the PM Apps and/or your interaction with PM via other third party websites or applications, such as internet protocol addresses, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, payment events, and related date and time information (“Activity Information”). This information allows us to improve the Services as well as to communicate with you about customer support and to advise you of other products or services that may be of interest to you.
We may collect information about your location with your consent. If you allow your mobile device to release your location, we may collect, depending on the capabilities of your mobile device, information about the wifi routers closest to you, cell ids of cell towers closest to you and the strength of your wifi or cell signal. While we use this information to return an estimated location, location data may not be accurate.
Sometimes, we utilize the services of a third party to help us understand this information better, although the information that is disclosed to these entities remains at all times in anonymous and non-personally identifiable form. Please see below for more information on Cookies and Tracking.
Use of information.
We may use the information we collect for our general commercial purposes such as to improve and grow our business and to offer you our own, our affiliates’ or third party products or services that think you may find of interest. Generally, we only use personal information for the primary purpose for which we collect it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of the information which we collect may include:
- to provide the Service to you,
- to respond to inquiries, resolve service problems, resolve complaints and correct errors in the Service,
- to communicate with you about the Service,
- to provide you with PM-specific advertising and promotional information in connection with the Service (including contests and other PM promotions),
- correctly identify you,
- to contact you about your transactions, to offer personalized services and support or learn about your needs as a customer,
- to contact and, if necessary, remind you that you have been invited to join PM.
- to communicate with you about our products, services, events, promotions, and administer satisfaction or other surveys, and for other marketing or business purposes,
- to notify you of new product releases, service notifications, and to solicit your feedback and input,
- to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of the Service,
- for business research and development of new products or services,
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights, and
- to enhance your experience of the Service
Retention of your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in the United States of America or transferred to, accessed from and/or stored at, a destination outside the United States of America. It may also be processed by staff operating inside or outside the United States of America, by persons who work for us or for one of our suppliers or related companies. Such staff and suppliers may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order and the processing of your payment.
Access to Your Personal Information and Your Choices
You can terminate your account at any time which will remove your profile and other personal information from view. We will use reasonable efforts promptly to amend or delete your records as requested. PM, however, may (but is not obligated to) keep information about you following termination of your account. In some cases we may be legally required to maintain certain records of your personal information, in which case we may not be permitted to delete your information. Please contact PM to terminate your account or for any other questions about your personal information at [email protected].
You can choose not to receive emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.
You can choose to delete or block Cookies by setting your browser to either reject all Cookies or to allow Cookies only from selected sites. If you block Cookies, performance of the Services may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
You may opt-out of many third party advertising networks, including those which are operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information and options available to you, including instructions for opting out of third party ad networks operated by NAI or DAA members, please visit their websites (www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA)). Opting out of these member networks will ensure that members will no longer deliver targeted content or advertisements to you. This does not ensure that you will no longer receive targeted content or ads on the Site, PM Games, or other sites. Please note that NAI or DAA opt-out may not take effect or no longer be effective if your browser settings are set to reject Cookies at the time you visit the opt-out page, deletion of Cookies, use a different computer or web browser.
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation information available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings for the application.
When you install our apps on a mobile device, you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device, even when the app is not active. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings page for external applications.
If you have registered to receive SMS messages, you can opt out of receiving SMS messages (text messages for example) by texting back STOP to the number we send the text from for that particular SMS Message program. In some cases a preferences page may also be available. When we receive an opt-out message from you for SMS messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out.
If you have been invited to join PM you are provided with the option not to receive further invitations from PM. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, email [email protected].
Sharing Your Information
Be advised that if you send messages or post material containing personal information, that information may be collected and used by others.
We may reveal information about you to unaffiliated third parties:
- if you request or authorize it;
- if the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- if the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets);
- if the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.); or
We may share your information with our affiliated companies.
We may share your information with third parties (including affiliates) for their direct marketing purposes unless you opt out via [email protected].
We may release your information, when legally required to do so or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services and applicable laws. We may also disclose such user information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of PM or any of our respective affiliates.
We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics of our Services, to our affiliates and third parties.
Cookies and Tracking
We allow selected third parties to place Cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our website. You consent to third party service providers placing Cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions.
We do not currently use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
Third Party Advertising Partners.
We use third-party advertising companies and/or ad networks to serve ads on the Services. These third-party advertising companies or networks may also serve ads on other websites based on your visits to or use of the Services or other websites. Our Services and the third-party advertising technology may use information derived from, among other sources, your Activity Information, PM’s Cookies on your hard drive, your visits to our Site, or the PM Games you use to target advertising.
PM uses reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect information contained in our system against misuse, loss or alteration.
Please do not share your log-in information with others. If we receive instructions using your log-in information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
Email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, so we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. PM cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. If you have any questions about the security of the PM Site, please contact us at [email protected]
Links to other sites
We may permit others to link to this Site or to post a link to their site on ours. We do not endorse these sites and are not responsible for other sites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
Children under the age of 13
The Services are not designed nor intended for children under the age of 13. PM does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for use of the Service. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for, or otherwise use, the Service or send any information about yourself to PM, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that PM learns that PM has inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, PM will delete that information as quickly as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child has submitted his or her personal information to PM, PM will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete the information from its database, at your request. To request the deletion of your child’s information, please send an email to [email protected] and include the name and password that your child submitted.
Use of the Services indicates that you hereby represent and warrant that all information you provide, including but not limited to age, shall be truthful and correct.
Children between the ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Consent by International Users
Additional Questions – Contact Us
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
California Residents who have an established business relationship with PM may choose to opt out of PM’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, email [email protected].